What is electroplating?
Electroplating, also known as electrodeposition, is a popular metal finishing process that is suitable for a wide range of industries and applications. The process is often performed by experienced electroplaters. Here at EC Williams, we are proud electroplaters. In fact, we have plenty of experience under our belts when it comes to electroplating. We are one of the country’s leading zinc nickel plating suppliers. With this in mind, we can offer a wide range of electroplating services and plating finishes including zinc nickel plating on stainless steel.
As the name suggests, electroplating (metal plating) services involve depositing a material onto a substrate using an electric current. Electroplating is most commonly used to change the physical properties of an object. Metal plating can offer increased wear resistance, corrosion protection or aesthetic appeal, as well as increased thickness.
Why is electroplating important?
The benefits of electroplating are vast, here are a few reasons why electroplating is important for your next project.
- Protective barrier: Electroplating forms a protective barrier on the substrate, which defends against environmental conditions. Protecting against corrosion is particularly beneficial for parts exposed to harsh conditions and means less frequent replacement is required.
- Aesthetical appearance: Many will use electroplating to simply enhance the exterior appearance of a substrate. Applying a thin layer of precious metal such as silver will make it more aesthetically pleasing. Electroplating offers an effective result at an affordable price, which in turn means that attractive parts can be sold at a lower cost.
Additionally, regularly using electroplating will prevent tarnishing on silverware. Therefore, delivering a longer lifespan and better aesthetic appearance over time.
- Electrical conductivity: Electroplating using metals such as silver, nickel and copper can help improve electrical conductivity in parts. This delivers a cost-effective, efficient solution for improving conductivity in electrical and electro-mechanical industries.
- Heat resistance: Many of our electroplating metals are resistant to high temperatures, which helps improve the substrates ability to resist heat damage. As a result, a part that has a metal finishing will generally experience a longer lifespan.
- Improved hardness: A popular reason for industries to use electroplaters is that it improves the strength and durability of substrate materials. Therefore, improving their ability to withstand stress and frequent use. Again, this helps increase the lifespan of plated parts, reducing the frequency of replacement.
EC Williams: trusted electroplaters
Are you looking for zinc nickel plating companies or electroplaters? With many electroplating companies around, it’s important to find one you can trust. As leading electroplaters UK, we recognise the importance of metal finishing and the many benefits it provides. Armed with state of the art technology, our expert team can deliver valuable electroplating services to many businesses.
Some of our services include zinc, nickel and silver plating as well as copper and tin electroplating. Each of these services helps our customers to improve the quality of their metal substrates to give them a competitive edge in their industry.
Learn more about our plating finishes and all of our electroplating services or discuss your next project by calling our friendly team of experts on 0121 720 8269 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have found this blog helpful, you may wish to read our previous blog on Zinc Plating Services In Birmingham | Everything You Need To Know.